> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:05:45AM -0400, asterisk wrote:
> >
> > > I need some help generating configuration files for Asterisk.  Since
I'm
> > > running under Solaris I'm having trouble with some of the utilities
that
> > > are more linux-centric.
> > >
> > > Can anyone recommend a free/low-cost package to generate conf files
that
> > > is not linux-dependent and will handle a IAX2 and SIP trunk?
> > >
> > > Frank
> > >

> > Frank,
> >
> > I am not a Solaris guy so let me offer a work around that should work
well
> > for you.
> >
> > If you have an old laptop or desktop that is not being used, install
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] on it.  Use the AMP piece of [EMAIL PROTECTED] to do all
> > of
your
> > configurations.  When done, click on the red bar which writes the .conf
> > files from the MySQL database, then use WinSCP to copy all of your confs
> > the Solaris box (assuming WinSCP works with Solaris).  You could also
just
> > FTP the files if you have to.
> >
> > I think this might be the easiest way to create a working system with
the
> > benefit of the additional dialplan functionality that comes with [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]
>
> AMP's dialplan and setup is quite complex. Requires, e.g, a number of
> AGIs.
>
> This is normally not the type of thing you'd like to hand-edit later
> after the initial adaptation to the target system.

Who said anything about hand editing?

That is why you would want to keep the old computer running [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Instead
of hand editing anything, make the changes on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] box's AMP
GUI and
copy them over again.  Very simple and most tech folks have an old computer
laying around somewhere that could be put to use.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro