> Hi list, i'm having a problem with asterisk+pstn termination, i just bought
> a TDM400p and connect my phone line(bellsouth) now when im using the pstn
> through asterisk there's an echo, i don't know if this is already have
> been resolved. If it does please point me to the instruction how to
> resolve this.

Yes, but only a couple hundred times or so (check the archives). What
version of asterisk are you running (cvs-head, stable, 1.2)?

Might start with something like this in your zapata.conf:

[channels]
language=en

; the following added to handle callers that hang up on VM.
busydetect=yes
busycount=6
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
callerid=asreceived

context=inbound-bus-dialin
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=3
txgain=0
musiconhold=default
channel => 1

You'll need to play with rxgain & txgain for "your" implementation as
the value used is specific to how far your asterisk system is from
the central office. You might start with high values (eg, 5) and
reduce the values until the echo is minimal. Remember, changes to
zapata.conf "requires" a complete restart of asterisk, not just a
reload. If you go too low, dtmf will fail and talking with anyone
via the pstn will be difficult at best.