[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
At 08:38 AM 10/27/2005, you wrote:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+XML+browser+scripts+for+asterisk

Best regards,

Chris HARIGA

Thanks.
Is it possible for someone to provide a basic explanation of how to implement this for us less technical minded people? From what I can tell, it looks like one needs to modify the ipmid.cfg file. I'm guessing the mp.proxy, mp.main.home, and/or mb.limits.nodes values need to be modified. My guess is that I simply copy the files to an appropriate folder and modify the mp.main.home setting to point to that folder. The mp.proxy and mp.limits.nodes values can be left null?

Thanks,
Doug

Um, well the easiest thing to do is:

1) stick the files on your webserver somewhere (e.g. www.mydomain.com/pcom)
2) Modify the top lines of each .php file so that the ip address is that of your asterisk server, and the username and password match a username and password configured in manager.conf 3) Change the config on your polycom phone via the web browser rather than hacing away at the xml. Once logged in, click on the microbrowser link option (I think it is in the general section), leave the proxy server line blank, and just put www.mydomain.com/pcom or wherever in as the address.

Click on OK. The phone reboots and the xml config files will automatically update (assuming you allow TFTP uploads on your TFTP server).

And then it just works!

Faris.