Oh boy :(.

As Roman politely explained in a private email... I was using ports 1 and 2 thinking they were the outbound fxs ports :(. That's it, these glasses are going, and no more testing from home :). When I switched to testing with ports 3 and 4, everything worked the same as G2.

Not of course as cute as what I had hoped for when I see the local telco can do something like "Dial(ZAP/g2/8888&SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED])" and have it wait 'til the correct phone is answered :(. Thanks to C F for the "c" option but my goal was to just have the 4 digit number call folks with and without SIP. I would not expect users to know to press #. I don't think dvlinedetect will quite cut it either. callprogress looked promising, but, alas, as many others have found, it hangs up after timeout seconds. I'll keep digging :).

Thanks again everyone,
JES

James B. MacLean wrote:

Hi C F,

I am not well versed in this level of telephony or Asterisk, so please bare with me :).

My setup is really typical. Bought the digium card with 4 ports. 2 fxs / 2 fxo. The 2 fxo's are connected directly to phones, belong to group 1 according to zapata.conf, and exist as "fxoks=1-2" in /etc/zaptel.conf.

The 2 fxs ports are connected to the telco, belong to group 2 according to zapata.conf, and are setup as "fxsks=3-4" in zaptel.conf.

Dial(Zap/1/8888&SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED],15,r) works as expected,
Dial(Zap/2/8888&SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED],15,r) works as expected

but:

Dial(Zap/g2/8888&SIP/[EMAIL PROTECTED],15,r) Rings once and reports answered to Asterisk.

Does this support what you are explaining? I'm honestly confused by how an fxs module operates as an fxo module?

Thanks for any more direction you might have,
JES

begin:vcard
fn:James B MacLean
n:MacLean;James B