On Nov 25, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Tony Spencer wrote:
Hi

I’m pretty new to using Asterisk and have searched to find an answer to my question but have failed to.

I was wondering if you can use Asterisk from the command line to make it make an outgoing call and issue other commands whilst it’s in the call?

Sort of like when you use Minicom with a modem connected to a serial port and send it AT commands.

 Thanks

Tony

Tony,

If you have a sound card installed and properly configured in your Asterisk server, then you can plug in a microphone and headset and make calls from the CLI using the dial command.

If you want to automate having the system make phone calls, google and search voip-info.org for info on .call files. Basically, you create a file that specifies to asterisk where to call, using which channel, and what to do once the call is connnected. You then copy the file to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and the call is executed as defined.

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."