I am trying to trouble shoot some problems with DTMF over PRI. I have a digium wct1xxp card and these lines in extensions.conf:

exten => 5556000,1,Record(testtone:gsm)
exten => 5556000,2,Wait(2)
exten => 5556000,3,Playback(testtone)

I called in over the PSTN --to--> Asterisk. I did a "pri debug", from asterisk 1.2.0 console and a few debug lines came up when the call connects (but not all the q931 message that should have been there). But nothing came up when hitting the dtmf keys. Also when I listen to the play back the recorded tones are little more then chirps not long enough for a human ear to distinguish tone.

My two question are how does DTMF get send over a PRI (inband? q931 message?) and how would I go about seeing the duration that was sent to me so that I know weather the problem is Asterisk or my telcos!