Rich Adamson wrote:
If you read the legal stuff that must be acknowledged when downloading
software (under any cisco contract), you can only legally download the
software for the stuff that you have under contract. But, I've never
heard them enforce the web acknowledgement with any company to date.

I've got a TAC case open at the moment on an IOS bug, waiting for more info from me (when I get the router back.. been a while now). They've actively encouraged me to download different versions of IOS - and the TAC is under my original contract (which I note is now available from my favourite hardware dealer for £40... I paid over £150 for it from a 'real' cisco dealer.).

Tony