www.voip-info.org is one stop ref. for asterisk help.

yes its more then possible.
You can put asterisk server at your place and make your friend login to your ast box. you can make your friend a sip account use xlite ( windows based softphone ) at your friends place. IMHO you need to buy fxo card to plug your telco or vonage line into ast box.

yes then your friend can use your vonage or telco line to dialout, and you can make dialplan which actually let your friend chose how to dial and from which line.

regards,

Umair bari