Neil wrote:
The problem appears to be with your settings. I have an identical
configuration with my * box running behind a NAT firewall with the same
firewall ports open.

I have experienced the same problem before. If port forwarding is switched
on then do NOT use the nat=yes and externalip/localnet settings - this
breaks it.

If using regular Asterisk, suggest you copy the exact settings from here: http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_asterisk.html
Thanks. I removed the nat=yes and externalip/localnet settings and followed the BroadVoice instructions but it still does not work. One deviation from the BroadVoice settings is that I don't supply an extension in the register entry. I tried supplying one and it still doesn't work.

my setting:
register => <phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com:<password>:<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com

broadvoice setting:
register => <phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com:<password>:<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com/<extension>
# Replace phonenumber with your account phone number,
# Replace password with your password
# Replace extension with one of your accessible extensions in the dial plan.

What should "extension" be? I want * to answer all incoming calls and not a specific extension.