Are you using raid for performance or redundancy? Software raid is nice except when the drive that fails is the one with your boot partition on it. I guess you could always tftp boot the kernel or something.

Craig

----- Original Message ----- From: "Louis-David Mitterrand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 1:17 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Re: What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 04:02:00PM -0800, William Boehlke wrote:

The 830s are nice but limited because they do RAID on a card and have but
one suitable PCI slot. So you can have an interface card or RAID, but not
both.

Linux software raid is, in our experience, much better than any hardware
raid solution. We admin 20+ machines all booting on soft raid 1 or 5
partitions up to 2 TB.

--
A good friend will help you move, a true friend will help you move a
body.