Dean Collins wrote:
Lol, so Dell must be doing the same thing.

Did you ever consider that Supermicro are an enterprise setup to make
money, and that possibly their financial interests are served by
sticking with Intel?

Absolutely. However, it looks as though their lack of AMD product is finally hurting enough for them to do something.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/afx/2005/11/20/afx2347168.html

To Bob,

My apologies. I had spent a bit of time recently looking for Opteron systems on their site without success. The fact that they do not seem to feel them worthy of mention on their home page I regard as an indication of their commitment. The page listing their AMD boards :

http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/

is headed "For OEM Customers", so I take it from that I cannot order one from my local supplier.

Regards,

Richard