        From: Robert La Ferla [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sat 1/7/2006 8:56 PM
        To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
        Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Jobs

        Douglas Garstang wrote:
        > I'm curious why the number of jobs out there requiring Asterisk seems
to be pretty low. After looking around dice, monster, careerbuilder etc, I was
surprised to find no more than 3-4 employment opportunities with Asterisk
throughout the US.

        > Is it really that low? There seems to be a job of opportunities for
Cisco and other vendors solutions (duh... GUI's are good... duh). I wonder if
demand will increase, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

        I think that the Asterisk customer profile can shed some light on this.
        If you are a big company, you'll buy into an expensive system because
        you can afford it and rely on it.  If you are a small company, you will
        look to Asterisk as an inexpensive way to set up your telephone system.
        You will also likely have staff that is willing to work with it and not
        enough money or need to hire external consultants exclusively for
        Asterisk.  You may have a telecom or networking consultant that will put
        together the network and set up the system but Asterisk is a small piece
        of it.  I'd say Asterisk is more of a "plus" in a job description but
        not a "requirement".