Mark Hulber wrote:

exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERIDNAME})

This could never have accomplished anything, since those two references affect the exact same variable internally.

because I want the outgoing callerid that I forward to not be the normal callerid of the local extension but I want to forward the incoming callerid. Now that CALLERIDNAME is deprecated, how do I differentiate between the CALLERID on the incoming channel and the callerid set on the outgoing channel? The deprecation advice seems to suggest that I change my set statement to:

exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=CALLERID(name))

You'll have to more clearly define what you want to accomplish; normally, the Dial() application sets the CLID/CNAM info on the outgoing channel based on what is present on the channel placing the call.