I use dbget to set callerid, but it's based on account code, and set statically with the station, not the agent. Users can set callerid by dialing a function coded in the dialplan for that purpose. Overhead is not a problem.

In your case, perhaps you can set the desired callerid into a channel variable using the "inheritance" syntax (double underscore) prior to the queue() operation. Then you can pick it up on the outbound side.

----- Original Message ----- From: Franklin Webb To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:34 AM
 Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Fw: setting outgoing caller ID by the queue
anextension is logged into

 Greetings fellow list members,

 I am trying to add some tricky functionality to Asterisk dialplan and I was
curious if anyone else has come up with a solution to something like this.

 Basically I have phone representatives that log into one of several queues
(not using chan Agent, we log in by the extension), and frequently these agents
have to make attended transfer calls to outside numbers.  This transfer
basically amounts to a new outgoing call.  I have been asked to set the caller
ID for these outgoing calls based on the queue the phone representative is
currently logged in to.

 Unfortunetly I cannot think of a way to do this.  The incomming and outgoing
calls are two different calls.  I have considered using DBPut and DBGet to
store this information in a database.  This might work, but I am also concerned
about the overhead involved.  I cannot think of a way to do this using global
variables since I need to store a seperate value for each extension.

 Has anyone run into an issue like this and come up with a solution?  Any
thoughts are much appreciated.

 Thank you,

 Franklin Webb
 Assistant IT Project Leader