I have been trying to adjust the gain as per this document without any success:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-November/071301.html

I have a PSTN and VoIP (SIP) connection via *. I disabled all echo cancel/training in zapata.conf and set tx/rxgain to 0. I then changed my extensions.conf so that when I call the VoIP line from the PSTN line, it plays the Milliwatt application tone. However, when I call, I don't hear the tone and ztmonitor doesn't change at all. What could be the problem? I am running the latest svn source, Aastra 9133i sip phone and Digium TDM11B.

BTW - My PSTN is thru Verizon (MA) and I don't have their test tone #. If you know it, please e-mail it to me.