I think I have the same issue...

In case users have an IP Phone on their desks and Softphones on their PCs.... and are configured with the same username & extensions, which phone will ring? The one that last sent the REGISTER...

This can be conflicting...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] limit sip sessions

You should create a secret dialing prefix like if you wanted to dial 1555333222 the user would actually have to dial 548261555333222. This way, even if they snatch the username/password but do not know the prefix, they won't be able to dial.

On 2/2/06, Miguel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Shouldn't all sip users have different usernames?
>(or am I missing some vital detail here?)
>
>PaulH

Yes Paul, Im in El Salvador and my users like to "share" their
usernames/passwords and the original owner doesnt like to pay for calls
he hasnt made.
---
Miguel