-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Camp
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:28 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Nortel Meridian Opt 81C and PRI

Update:  SUCCESS!!!  There were two subtle items that allowed our Opt81C to
talk PRI to * using a TE110P:

1) On the 81C in LD 96 we had to ENL SERV <dch> for the d-channel.

2) It appears that the TE110P needs a decent "refresh" time for the
b-channels to come up cleanly.  For example, on the Nortel if you disable
the T1 or d-channel and re-enable it quickly (specifically, anything shorter
than about 45 seconds) the TE110P won't come up clean. The Nortel will show
all the b-channels as MBSY or FE MBSY.  However, if you wait 45s - 1min then
the d-channel and b-channels will come up clean every time.

Many thanks to all who offered suggestions and worked with us on this!

Now, our latest two issues:

1) When a user on the Nortel makes a call to a user on * a 10-digit callerid
value shows up on the SIP phone instead of the users extension. Has anyone
encountered this and found a work-around?  It's been suggested that we use a
QSIG interface instead of 5ESS emulation, but did not purchased the Nortel
QSIG option so it is unavailable.

2) We would like to use Comedian Mail for company wide voicemail.  I can
setup user extensions easily enough.  I have also setup two 4-digit
extensions; one for picking up voicemail and one for leaving voicemail for
an arbitrary user.  The second ext is used primarily by the receptionist
(coming from the Nortel PBX) to redirect callers to users voicemails.  The
issue I'm having is that if you don't pass an extension to the Voicemail()
function * will prompt you one time.  If you key the ext incorrectly the
system hangs up on you.  Is there a way to prompt the caller for the
extension to leave a message for, accept the ext, check the database, and
give the caller another chance if the ext is invalid?

Thanks,
Greg

and then destroy it.