Hi all,

At our customer site i've installed one asterisk server with 20 Grandstream GXP2000's. Firmware 1.0.1.9. When someone dials the customer, the receptionist picks up, and does an attended transfer (the 'grandstream way') to a collegue. Most of the times this goes ok, but sometimes, when the receptionist puts the call on hold, and tries te reconnect to the caller there's only one-way-audio. The receptionist can hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear the receptionist! I've done several ngreps etc. and I can see that traffic is going from asterisk to the receptionist phone, and vice versa.

I can predict when this is going to happen: when the receptionist places the call on hold, the caller doesn't hear musiconhold. If the caller does hear musiconhold then everythings goes well. Asterisk states in both occassions that it is starting musiconhold, and again, with ngrep i can see the RTP traffic going from asterisk to the caller and vice-versa.

I'm thinking this is a problem with the Grandstream phones, but I'm not sure. I upgraded to of the phones to firmware 1.0.1.12 today, and will contact the customer tomorrow if it had helped. Has anyone ever seen this kind of behavior with Grandstreams/Asterisk?

Thx,

Ronald