Phil - I found out about the WIP300 not including the documentation CD-Rom, I apologize for that. Linksys is correcting the issue. I just added a download links on the product page for the Manual and the User/Config guide in pdf format, you can find them, below the product image - here http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=1525

Sorry for the inconvenience. If I see a firmware update that addresses the charging issues you mentioned I will alert you.

Thanks,

Cory J Andrews
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:08 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Linksys WIP300 WiFi Phone

Whoo hoo! I just received my WIP300 from voipsupply. I have to let it charge before I can play with it.

A few quick comments:

- I started a Wiki page at voip-info to post issues, firmware news, etc. I really like the wealth of info on the GXP-2000 page, so I wanted to start something similar for this phone.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Linksys%20WIP300

- My kit didn't come with a CD-ROM or registration card, eventhough they are listed as being in the Package Contents.

- This phone uses a USB port to charge, do firmware updates, and perhaps other things. Sadly... it DOES NOT COME WITH A USB CORD! You'd think for $250 that you'd get a cord included... oh well. It does come with a charger with a usb end so you can charge the phone from an AC outlet, though.

- The battery charging animation runs backwards, animating like the battery's charge is flowing out rather than in. A little amusing. No charge status while it is charging, which I don't like. It would be nice to see that it's, say, 75% charged for example.

Does anyone else have one of these phones yet? Any gotcha's as far as using it with *?

Phil