Ron McCarthy wrote:
Hi List,

Im planning on setting up asterisk for a large scale enviorment, with multiple sites.

We will be doing quite a bit of inner office calling at each site, and want to place a smaller scale * box at each site with no PRI's, and have that connect to our main * servers at our data center that will have the PRI connections.

Can this be done? I havent seen to much of this on the mailing list, im guessing each server would talk to the main * server via a IAX trunk or a SIP peer. Also one other key point would then be to keep the voicemail for each office on its local * server instead of having it go to the data center.

My main concern is the dialplan, I guess if the peer is not local it would then go out the IAX or SIP gateway to the main * server and then check in its dial plan/routing table there, correct?

Any help/suggesstion on this would be great!

Thanks
Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes, all of this can be done without too much hassle. I am assuming at each local site you will have IP/soft phones connected to that asterisk box, so each local astreisk box will have it own local users. Yes, than The voicemail will sit on each local asterisk, becuase the user is defined there.

Your concern with the dialplan is, i assume, is what numbers are local numbers, inter branch numbers, and what numbers must go the the main * server. If you use DUNDI, this will sort out the interbranch numbers, since each * box will advertise its local numbers to other asterisk servers.

One question, can each of the local @ servers 'see' each other, or can they only 'see' the main server, because this will change your dialplan.

yusuf