And about the 802.1x ?
The phones can work as passthrough and force the PC to use 802.1x ?
What configuration do we put in the switches? Do we put the switch as "access" (with 802.1x) or "trunk" (without 802.1x) ?

Thanks
Joao Pereira

Greg Oliver wrote:

It actually depends on the switch model.  Some put the port into
trunking mode automatically with the sw voi command, and some do not.

Hopefully one day Cisco will finally make their own products and become
uniform instead of buying several companies and glue'ing them all
together to get an ethernet switch that works.  At least they got the
routers right :)