Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
HTTP's nice, but FTP does the job.  Check the docs for supported FTP
servers -- many of the stock Linux FTP servers will give the exact problem
you discussed, below.  I should know -- took me almost a week before
trying proftpd, and WHAMMO, worked like a champ.

-Ken

Ken,

        Proftpd has had more problems than vsftpd:

http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_cmp_updateDocKeywords/0,1687,5082,00.pdf

Anyways, vsftpd has always worked flawlessly for me and many, many others that use AstLinux for this purpose (until Polycom bootrom 3.1.3). I'm actually very interested to find out SPECIFICALLY what happened here. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

--
Kristian Kielhofner