On 13/03/06, Douglas Garstang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now that I've read that paragraph of Kevin's a few times, it strikes me that
> this is not a redundant configuration. If the call is handled by the Asterisk
> system where the phone registered, what happens if that system becomes
> available? Can another system (one that did not handle the registration)
> process the call?

(Any chance you could format your emails for easier quoting? Thanks)

Something like this:

Server A

[sip-registrations]

exten => peer1,2,Dial(SIP/peer1)
exten => peer2,2,Dial(SIP/peer2)
include => switch-server-b

[switch-server-b]
switch => IAX/user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/sip-registrations

So a call arriving in context sip-registrations will hit any peer
which has registered (with the regcontext trick), and fall through to
the 'switch' for any which hasn't.

Server B has the opposite.

This won't help with a failure for an in-progress call, but should
automatically distrubute calls around your peers which are registered
with one server or the other. If the phones know how to re-register in
the event of a server failure (and I think you said you use a
SRV-based system for this), then something good should be able to
happen.

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]