We contracted local voice talents to handle IVR recordings (in male & female, French & English).  You're right that it doesn't match the system prompts, but in some cases we want that when switching to our IVR application.

MD

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Zach A
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:24 PM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Professional Recordings

Allison Smith is the best. Her voice can be obtained at  thevoice.digium.com. See her demos at www.theivrvoice.com and you’ll be impressed. Plus all the voices in asterisk are from her, and I think all the voices in an ivr system should be of the same person. If you get anybody else recorded your prompts, what will you do with the voicemail, directory and some other system prompts? Or you’ll need to change all the required sound files too to make all the voices consistent.

Zach A