The sipura 2100 does work good with a AS5300

Zoa wrote:

Does anybody know what devices really support t.38 ? I've seen a few claiming they do on the box, but most do not seem to support it at all.

Zoa.

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

Olle E Johansson wrote:

Friends in the Asterisk.org community,

There is a lot of cool stuff going on in Asterisk development, things that will change Asterisk and make it work better in your organisation, make it easier to sell in your area or give you more consulting oppurtunities - in short, functionality that will make a lot of sense for you users.

However, developers can't really get anywhere without a dialog with the users. You know what you need, you know what is missing and how you would like to make Asterisk a better
choice.

I am planning to send out a description of new features now and then, to inform you about what is going on, but also to get some feedback. The bug tracker is not only a tool for developers,
but also for testers and users to react to changes and contribute.

*** ITU T.38 -- Fax over VoIP

Olle,

Let's say that I wanted to setup a complete environment to test this. I presume that I would need the following:

Fax machine
T.38 compliant ATA (Sipura claims this)
Asterisk server
T.38 compliant something - does this need to be a Cisco 5300 (or similar)? Can it be just another plain ATA and fax machine?

Please suggest some possible hardware!

Thanks!