On Mar 14, 2006, at 9:11 PM, Douglas Garstang wrote:

I discussed the native sounds with my boss the other day. We decided not to use them because there's only 197 sound files out of a total of >1200 installed on the system from asterisk and the asterisk-sounds packages. We wanted to have a consistent playback quality, rather than have it going up and down every time Asterisk switched from a ulaw file to a gsm etc.

Great, now your your ulaw users can hear shitty audio all the time.