On 17/03/06, Douglas Garstang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Sorry, can't do inline replies with web based Outlook.

Yeah - tell me about it. Why not get a Gmail account for doing mailing
lists - 2000% better that OWA.....

> Yes, I know... I'd say that if the phone wasn't available between the period
> the server went down, and the time it re-reregistered, then it's not a HA
> solution.
>
> I discussed with the people that make the decisions this evening, and having
> downtime like that is not an option.

Fair enough, they're the folks with the money. Our job to make sure
they understand what they're spending it on.

>You'd also have no reliable BLF functionality as the subscribe and
notify messages would be spread amongst multiple systems and just
plain wouldn't work.

Yes, I can see that would be a problem. Might be some work-around.

> Can you imagine what sort of traffic, say even 1000 phones re-registering
> every minute would be like? That's SEVENTEEN new registrations per second.

Yeah - sounds a lot, but only when you're watching a SIP debug. What
traffic do 1000 PCs produce against a Windows server? I wouldn't
discount it simply on that factor.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer