Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 12:25, Aaron Daniel wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Chuck.  User's on our system are put into various
contexts depending on who they can call... local, long distance, or
internal only.

And *all* of those people are placing calls *in* to asterisk to get into those contexts. :-)

When you pick up a telephone wired into an FXS port; asterisk sees an incoming request for dialtone.

When you pick up your SIP phone and dial; it must match a friend or user entry or you'll never get in.

When your IAX softphone client makes a call, again, it must match a friend or user entry.

These are *all* incoming calls as far as Asterisk is concerned. You get dumped into a specific part of the dialplan (the context specified) and you tell Asterisk what they can dial. Internal extensions, external peers, Zap channels or even applications... the second half of all of this is the outgoing part, when Asterisk Dial()s.

I think if you read the OP's original six posts, he's trying to address both incoming and outgoing calls. Eg., wants to reserver zap/4 for the boss for both. Then he had two other groups also that he wanted to only allow outgoing on selected zap channels.

Not that difficult to address both.