Thanks for all the comments on the 3Com phones. Thankfully, there is a large number of phones out there to dig through looking for the right solution.

What I have not been able to find, after spending all weekend looking, is a good solution for an attendant console. We have 2 receptionists that need to be able to view all 60+ phones (we could probably weed it down a bit if we had to, but would like to be able to cover all the phones) and see who is on the phone already. I would like to avoid a software solution as those tend to be confusing and hard for non-computer savvy people to deal with. I have seen that the polycom setup (601+sidecar) works but only for up to 7 phones.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a solution for this? I find it hard to believe that nobody makes a compatible phone (or add-on) that is compatible with Asterisk. It seems like such a common thing.

Daniel Hazelbaker