Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 problems

Paul A Brown wrote:
Hi All,

Not sure if this is a phone problem or an Asterisk problem.

Basically after a period of time (around 30 minutes but not too sure of the time) the phone no longer delivers any sounds. What I mean by that is.....

if I pick up the phone after a reset I get a dialtone. After around 30 minutes and I pick up phone I get no dial tone but I can still dial. I dialled the voicemail number, I can see on the asterisk console its asking for which vmail box and password but I hear nothing. Anyone heard anything like this before?

What firmware are you using with the phone? SIP or SCCP?

I have 2 7960's with 7914's attached using the latest chan_sccp and have not problems like describe.

Regards

Jon