My needs are simple and clear.  I have an office with 2 employees, a sublet (independent business) and myself.  I work p/t from the office and p/t from home (telecommute).  My wife works p/t from home (telecommute exclusively).  My other employee telecommutes from 350miles (we fly her in every 3-4 months as the needs fit).  My sublet works full time from the office.  We have an assortment of POTS,VoIP,cellular,fax mixed in popouri of technology.  I want to unify my TC.  POTS<-->FaxServer  and BRI<-->Asterisk<-->VoIP Phones.  I want to have the TC Unity of an office without the need to have everyone in the office at the same time.  (Am I a dreamer?).  BRI w/DiD through Asterisk would do that nicely. So would BroadVoice (Vonage has no DiD's where I live).  I'm not affraid to spend a little to get a  system that will do whatever I want.  I currently use POTS <-->SPA-3000 <--> SPA-841.  Works well, but really only supports 1 user, depends on ILEC for V-mail and has no room for growth.  A BRI would support 5-6 people without stretching the technology.  A PRI is just TOO much, unless I could get it cheap and wholesale the extra DiDs.  Am I heading the right way?  Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Coccimiglio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
Mark,

I was in the same situation.  Our current system uses BRI for almost all lines.  I looked for some kind of solution and finally gave up.  The BRI products here just seemed way too expensive for me.  I then started checking on a PRI and ended up getting an integrated PRI with 7 channels for voice and the rest as a fractional T1 for data.  It hasn't been installed yet, but once it goes live, we'll end up saving about $1000 a month from what we were paying with BRI and POTS.  Most of this savings comes from needing multiple phone numbers, but not that many lines.  We had 10 BRI circuits (equates to 20 voice lines).  We're also getting rid of our DSL since this includes data.

It kind of depends on what you have, and what you need (as far as voice and data), whether this will work for you.