There is a free version of G.729 available? I would be very interested in that!

Alex

On Mar Abr 18 15:50 , 'Dumpolid Exeplish' sent:

Hi all,
i have been having problems with voice quality. We run asterisk Asterisk CVS-HEAD version 2.4 as a production servre as a call centre/customer support engine. Pressenty, we have about 25 soft phones and 10 hard phones (Perfect Tone SIP phones). when handling internal calls, i usually notice a lot of static, echo and brakes (this is withing our local network)
Our * runs on a supermicro P4SCi (3GHz) with 2GB memory running Debian Linux kernel version 2.6.12.3. Currently, we run gsm codec but we recently installed G729 codec (free version ).
Please advice me on what to do and if more info is needed, i will be happy to provide more
Thanks