Cubix has always crashed on me while using moderately.  Nice looking phone but
not stable.

Idefisk works great.

        On 20 Apr 2006, at 16:09, Peter Beckman wrote:

        > I've tried Idefisk and Cubix Softphones, and they both work fine,
        > except
        > for two issues:
        >
        >     1. Idefisk seems to have a longer delay between the time I can hit
        >        tones, and
        >
        >     2. Cubix, while can send DTMF faster, never actually connects
        > to an
        >        Asterisk-dialed call -- I can't hear the party who answers.
        >
        > #2 has been asked but unanswered here:
        >
        >     http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-February/
        > 139240.html
        >
        >     I've got a weird problem with both Firefly & iaxLite (both IAX
        >     softphones).  They don't seem to stop ringing when an incoming
        > call is
        >     make to them.  If the call is answered the conversation starts
        > both ways
        >     but the ringing sound still keeps going and the softphones keep
        >     displaying that a call is coming in (but they do not display
        > that the
        >     call is answered).
        >
        >     I read on the voip-info website that the "fix" for this with
        > Firefly is
        >     to set jitterbuffer to no  which I tried but it didn't work.
        >
        >     Because the problem is with two IAX softphones I'm not sure
        > whether its
        >     a configuration problem with the asterisk server or, by change,
        > the same
        >     bug with both softphones.
        >
        >     Has anyone else come up against this?
        >
        > Can you change the amount of time between DTMF in Idefisk?
        >
        > Can you modify a config to get Cubix to actually connect to a Dial()ed
        > call?

        Peter, do you have any packet logs (either ethereal or iax2 debug)
        of the non-working IAX Dial() I can look at?
        I may be able to diagnose the problem from that...

        T.

        Tim Panton

<<winmail.dat>>