Asterisk is simply a telephony toolkit, so the simple answer is yes, Asterisk can do this. Also, being a toolkit means there are a number of ways to accomplish it. You could right PERL, Python, TCL, C, PHP or numerous other types of scripts that can manage this for you. To see how to do some of the basic functions, you can look at some of the scripts at Nerd Vittles (http://nerdvittles.com). Things like the TeleYapper will give you a basis to work from.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of TV JOE
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:31 PM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a phone survey system

 Hi,

 I'm interested in developing an automated phone survey and am curious
 if Asterisk could be configured to run such a system.. My idea is to
 record a message and a series of sub-questions. The system would
 call each number on a list and play the message, Depending on the
 touch tone response another message would be played. Is it possible
 for asterisk to manage a survey like this? If so can the responses from
 the listeners be recorded. If someone else has done this I'd be interested
 in details.

 TIA , TV JOE