Tomas Stribrny wrote:
Rich Adamson wrote:
Mike Fedyk wrote:
Rich Adamson wrote:
Had a Pent 4 server running fc3 crash (kernel panic) and am
I then noticed that FreePBX installed using a SMP kernel (and grub indicated a non-SMP kernel was installed as well).

Would running an SMP kernel on a Pent 4 potentially cause a kernel panic? (Or, do I need to dig somewhere else?)

I remember that there were problems on FC running on P4 with HT (hyperthreading). If you have only one physical CPU, run something like 'top' or 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' which shows you how many CPU system use.

If you have 1 fyz.CPU but 2 CPU in sys means P4-HT and SMP could be fine. You can try to switch off HT support in BIOS and run nonSMP kernel, and you'l see if it is better/more stable.

I'm running 2pcs of dual core xeons, so I have 4 (logical) CPU. And I'm running FC4 with 2.6.16.-1.2096 SMP kernel.

This is a single P4 (no dual core), and HT was turned on. Just turned it off now and still running non-smp kernel, so we'll see where stability goes from here.

Kind of odd since the box had been running for over six months with fc3 and HT on.