The client's needs are the mother of invention. We have a client that currently uses a Cisco Call Manager and one of the features they love was the Locate-Me function (or follow-me, or find-me, whatever you want to call it) which basically rings their desk phone a few times then plays a short message, and then rings their other remote phones and cell phones. The customer wants this same functionalty from an Asterisk system that we will be building running freePBX.

It took me a while to think about how to implement this without mucking around with the config files but the end result is a fairly simple solution that enables the use to turn on/off the function at will.

For the complete article on how to implement this feature, go to:
http://voipspeak.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72

Kerry Garrison
Publisher - http://GeekGazette.com - http://VOIPSpeak.net