Mike Garey wrote:

It turns out that the Sangoma card had suddently decided to stop
answering on channels 2,3 and 4, so if someone was using channel 1,
then no other calls would be picked up.  We could, however, make
outgoing calls.  I tried restarting Asterisk and it didn't make a
difference.  I then tried restarting the Wanrouter and it started
working again.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Do you have the optional echo canceler? The echo canceler on my A20002D died after two months, resulting in erratic one-way audio. Sangoma sent a replacement after I presented my debugging efforts to my vendor (Telephonyware). The replacement works fine.

Try re-seating the FXO option card in the main card. The optional echo canceler card can also be unscrewed and re-installed.

Anyway, call your vendor about the fall-through problem.

The disconnect problems that you mentioned are the same for any FXO card - see http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/resolving_hangup_detection_problems_fxo_tdm_voicemail.html.)

I use

minmessage=5
maxsilence=3
silencethreshold=128

in voicemail.conf. Seems to work reasonably well.

- Mike