Um, followed the link on the extensions.conf page on voip-info

Since Asterisk 1.2 there is a new way to work around this. Number the first priority and "name" the following priorities "n". See Asterisk Priorities for further details!

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20priorities

Explains labels there ...

Douglas Garstang wrote:
I just discovered labels in the dialplan.

Maybe someone (hint: the author) could like, do something crazy, and say,
update the unofficial docs on voip-user? There's nothing there about labels in
the pages for extensions.conf OR the Goto() command.

I'm not going to do it. I've realised that when people post documentation about
something they think they understand, on incorrect or incomplete assumptions,
that they invariably post something wrong, which just fuels more incorrect
information, and hurts others. That's why it's the developers that should write
the docs.

Anyway... How can I use Goto() to jump to a label in a different extension or
context?

When you have a lot of loops and such in a single extension, you end up wanting
to use multiple labels called 'start', 'next' etc. I assume(hope!) that the
namespace of labels is in a single context? ie can you use the same label name
in another context? You then have to break a single extension up into multiple
ones JUST to be able to use labels effectively.

Doug.