On Jun 7, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Cory Andrews wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>Have a customer running a 3</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>rd</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller> party PBX implementation based on Asterisk, not utilizing SIP inbound and outbound calls I believe are coming through a Digium TDM2402B.  They are utilizing Polycom phones.  They are experiencing frequent static on the line, and overall insufficient volume on conversations.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller> </x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>They are in a bit of a rural area, I was curious if anyone thinks it could be an issue with their POTS provider, or if it is PBX related?  Would adding echo cancellation perhaps alleviate static on the line, I did not think it would, just looking for some feedback.  They have tweaked the gain settings and this has not produced any meaningful improvements.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>
Definitely sounds like it could be a PSTN issue. I also have seen both those circumstances (static and low volume) with one of my ata's (AG168V) which was rectified by a firmware update...

Marty

PS I don't think an Echo can. will help those issues at all.