I 'll make some tests with a TE210P and see what happens, I'll post as soon as I have results...

Asterisk is planned to be at the end of every PRI connection, providing voip to the PBX and IVR to the customers calling on the 2 E1 lines connected to Asterisk ...

The MATRA PBX is connected to its own E1 line and Asterisk is directly connected to a secondary S2 bus.

Setting this S2 bus to be a slave cannot be done easily as we have to manipulate tables inside the Matra PBX...
I don't know how to do that...

Anyway I'll test it and see what happens,
but if I understand well to be totally sure there'll be no troubles I should buy a Sangoma card no ?

Rich Adamson a écrit :
Tristan wrote:
The fact is that I have 2 different E1 (euroisdn) providers and an E1 (euroisdn) connection to a Matra PBX...

The PBX needs to be master and as far as I know the PSTN providers needs it too...

So I want to be sure that the quad E1 card I'll buy will work without troubles in this kind of setup...

Can I only put the synchro to the PBX and forget about the PRI providers ?

No.

It is highly unlikely the PBX truly needs to be master. If that were an actual requirement, the vendor would never be able to sell their PBX into "any" environment where they connected to a E1 provider. The telco providers "never" slave their equipment from a customer-owned PBX. You will need to find the option in the Matra PBX to define it as syncing from the E1. (In fact, I'd bet a small amount of money the default implementation in the PBX is to sync from any attached E1.)

There is a 99.99% probability the two E1 providers obtain their clock sync from a higher level (hierarchical source), and are already in sync with each other. If you use a digium card, you select one of the providers as your "first choice" sync source, and the second provider as your second choice sync source when the first choice provider's E1 is down.

You definitely want your digium/sangoma card to support the hierarchical design of the digital network, and that well known design requires you to sync from your upstream provider, and pass that sync along to your downstream PBX. If you don't do that, calls originating from the PBX and passing through the digium/sangoma card to the PRI network will incur clock slips (out of sync). If the clock slips are too great, you will experience clicks, etc, during a call. Also, if all the components are not in sync, any use of modems (eg, faxes or pc modems) will be significantly degraded if not impossible to use.