Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:20:29AM -0400, BerkHolz, Steven wrote:
This may be slightly off topic.
I am using FreePBX, and using it's backup feature. Here is the question part: I would like to copy my backup off the asterisk server.

Please define what is it exactly that you want to back up.
FreePBX is just creating a tar file of asterisk config files and a mysql dump and some more config files. And I asume that it's this file you wan't to transport to the windows machine mentioned later in your original mail.

>From your experiences, which approach seems more resilient to failure:
Push the backup from asterisk to another server using STFP or FTP?
Pull the backups from asterisk from another server using SFTP or other?
The destination would most likely be going to a Windows Server.
I also have the option of installing Veritas Netbackup Client on the
asterisk server, but I assume that this would not be good for the PBX's
performance.

This may be useful handy for data backup. For a system backup I found
mondorescue
very handy: http://www.mondorescue.org/

And you could use one of the addons in the putty package, PSCP (an SCP client, i.e. command-line secure file copy).

SCP is using SSH as transport so it's quite safe.

/Mats

--

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin (1759)