Thanks Doug, but this would not have helped me.  Fortunately the
${INVALID_EXTEN} response was exactly what I needed, but your
suggestion would not have worked, because if an extension is found, it
no longer goes to exten => i.  So the variable setting approach ends
up altering the flow of the dialplan.

On 6/16/06, Doug Lytle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Carl Youngblood wrote:
> No, ${EXTEN} contains "i" at that point in the dialplan.

exten => 123,1,Set(_TMPEXTEN=${EXTEN})
exten => i,1,SayDigit({$TEMPEXTEN})

You need to read the document in the Asterisk source directory on the
subject of variable inheritance.

asterisk/doc/README.variables.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."