a) No it won't unless you connect it to a TDM circuit

b) I have an audiocodes too (mediant 2000 4E1), and I've found the echo cancellation to be superb. I'm surprised to see you're having issues!

Me too, given we're on fiber gigabit ethernet, with only a few test calls in
progress!
It's strange. I'm on 100 Mbps network with tens of thoushands of minutes per day. Pehaps it needs to warm up - or maybe your network is just too good :)

More seriously, since this hardware is "carrier grade" (translate: quite expensive), if I was you I would contact / enquire audiocodes about it. There is probably an option that isn't set somewhere.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Jean-Michel Hiver - http://ykoz.net/
Découvrez la Réunion des Technologies IP & Telecom