I've got a few Cisco phones to maintain and need access to firmware files. Dealers here in .fr want unreasonable prices for a Smartnet subscription.

Where can I get a better deal on the Net?

You probably can't legally. Cisco controls who is allowed to resell their contracts very very closely, and sets the pricing for those resellers. Been discussed numerous times over the last three years.

So, you're really stuck paying their prices, or, doing something illegally. No other choices.