On Jul 9, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Vincent Delporte wrote:
<snip>
Thanks for the info. This little experiment is getting expensive ;-)

LOL! I know that feeling... I actually thought I would save money with VOIP, what a joke! Actually I am happy with my setup, but spent an intial $75(us) thinking the HT-488 would provide an FXO for my PSTN connection, only to find it doesn't work well enough to actually use for that.

I then spent an additional $200(us) for the Wellgate 3701a (1FXS+1FXO) which, although horribly documented is a HUGE improvement over the Grandstream garbage (HT-488).

So yeah, it gets expensive quickly. It's annoying that so many of the products are marginal or straight up garbage, but I guess we are still in the infancy of the standards based VOIP business, and many of the products are in search of a firmware update, or a decent manual.

Oh well, More work for the stubborn techo-maniacs who refuse to give up(like me).