howdy,

just confirming that the below statement is true: speex is not
required unless you're using the speex_preprocess() function for
silence detection ( SILDET = 2 in the makefile ).

also, fyi, app_conference is maintained by the same folks that
maintain the iaxclient library ( http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/ ),
so you can generally address app_conference development questions to
the mailing list there and they'll get answered pretty quickly.

patches and improvements to app_conference are, of course, welcome,
and should also be submitted to the iaxclient mailing list.

jeff oconnell

On 6/5/06, Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 08:49 -0400, Matt Florell wrote:
> I kind of assume from all of the mentions of speex in the code that it
> is required.

Reading the Makefile posted by Erick Perez in an earlier posting I see:

# 0 = OFF 1 = astdsp 2 = speex
SILDET := 2

I guess if you specify 0 or 1 you don't need speex.

Regards,
Patrick