Thanks for your input. I'm good at following instructions (if I can find instructions) so I'll give anything a try!

I'm downloading bristuff from http://junghanns.net/downloads/ and the tar's I'm getting from there contain some kind of "bootstraping" for the installation. The "install.sh" file simply calls "download.sh" and then "compile.sh".

The download.sh script downloads a specific version of asterisk (and everything else required) so I doubt it gets it wrong. It then patches the thing all by itself, using exactly the instructions you gave. It fails when it tries compiling stuff. I installed CentOS 3 using "everything" as an install option so I think I've got everything.

If you ever got this working, would you be so kind to tell what version of Linux you used and what version of bristuff? I prefer CentOS/Fedora/RHL instalations as that's what I've always used and that's what I know, but I'm willing to use anything as long as it gets the work done.

Thanks again,
Cosmin Prund

Filip Drągowski wrote:
Bristuff 0.2.0-RC8 if for Asterisk 1.0.10
Bristuff 0.3.0-PRE-1r if for Asterisk 1.2.9.1, libpri 1.2.3 and zaptel 1.2.6
download proper versions
(for Asterisk 1.2.9.1)
look at install.sh in bristuff directory
do as it's written there:
cd zaptel
patch -p1 < ../patches/zaptel.patch
cd ..

cd libpri-1.2.3
patch -p1 < ../patches/libpri.patch
cd ..

cd asterisk-1.2.9.1
patch -p1 < ../patches/asterisk.patch
cd ..

then try to install Trixbox.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] as i kno comes with whole OS and asterisk installation is automated and ther is no time for applying bristuff patches.
It looks that You have to manually install OS and asterisk then trixbox

-Hope that help You a little.
I've been trying to install bristuff on my system for a really long time.
This is what I've done so far:

I started with a [EMAIL PROTECTED] installation. I tried downloading and compiling bristuff release - it didn't work. It was a long time ago, I don't remamber what the problem was. I tried compiling the latest bristuff (whatever "latest" was about 1-2 months ago). It failed to compile.

I download the full CentOS 4.3 and tried compiling both bristuff release (0.2.0-RC8) and bristuff "latest". Again, whatever latest was about 2 weeks ago.

Next I found something about bristuff being known to work on kernel 2.4; Since CentOS 4.3 has kernel 2.6 I downloaded CentOS 3 and tried compiling both bristuff release (0.2.0-RC8) and the current release of today (19 july 2006). I wasn't able to compile ither one of them.

Now, after downloading 2 DVD Linux images (CentOS 4.3 and CentOS 3) and two CD Images ([EMAIL PROTECTED] and Trixbox) and reinstalling everything a few times, I think it's time to ask for help:

Would someone be so kind and tell my how they installed Bristuff from A to Z? (that is, what version of Linux so I can download the same version, what updates, what version of bristuff). I'm hoping for a quick answer like: "Install LinuxVariant 10.20, install all updates using LinuxVariantUpdateProgram, download bristuff version X.Y.Z, call install.sh and be done with it".

Thanks,
Cosmin Prund