yes you can but may not be all that economical though.
on the other hand, if you can replace or do away with
at least one of the pbx with * at either end,
i think you'll be ahead of the game :-)

Shoval Tomer wrote:

Is it possible to use * as a VOIP gateway?

Can I connect asterisk to one of the trunks on my current PBX and on the other side of the world connect another * to the trunk of another regular PBX - is it possible to transfer calls from here to there?

I guess I'll need one port FXO card for each asterisk, but I can't figure how to configure the thing.

I know I'll need to configure the regular PBX to forward certain calls to the lines connected to asterisk (by prefix, or just have everyone dial 8 and get a line)

Does this scenario make sense to anyone? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Shoval Tomer , MCSE

IT Manager

Softov Advanced System Ltd.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mobile : 972-55-229220