Why don't you use the syntax that I mentioned in my first reply?

According to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+SIP+localnet

The correct syntax is:

localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

Keyword localmask is deprecated in asterisk 1.2... And btw, you should
have seen it in the logs. According to chan_sip.c, around line 12508:

               } else if (!strcasecmp(v->name, "localmask")) {
                       ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Use of localmask is no
long supported -- use localnet with mask syntax\n");
               }

Julian J. M.