Hi,

> > Protocol error layer 1 (broken line or B-channel removed by signalling
> > protocol)
>
> This is the cause of your problem! Your physical ISDN connection is
> broken. Maybe your cross/NT connection is not setup correct.

okay, then one last question before I start testing all the options in the
configuration menu of the EICON card:

Is this error caused by the port where the fax comes in (ISDN4/port 4) or by
the outgoing port (ISDN3/port 3)?

It would be strange if it is port 3, because normal calls get in and out on
this port without any problems.

Thanks,

Stefan

P.S: I have spent about two weeks now on this topic, together with the really
helpful support from EICON. If I finish this configuration successfully, I
promise I will write a HOWTO on it and post the link on the list;-))

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther
Moltkestrasse 49     D-76133 Karlsruhe
Tel./Fax : +49 (0)721 / 83044 - 98/93